Thursday, August 14, 2008

TOO CURLY





Well, it'll be a month August 16th and I will have my first retightening then. I'm still trying to get use to all of this. I can't seem to do anything with my hair, it's too curly. I'm not sure, but maybe it's just to curly for SL. Will it ever straighten out and relaxs? Don't get me wrong, I love love the freedom of not having to do anything to my hair (did I just contradict herself LOL). I mean, I like getting up in the mornings and just having to hand fluff up my hair, shake and go. No H2O though, it makes it curl. Before SL, my morning routine was to get up and plug in the electric curling iron, the electric stainless steel comb and the electric flat iron and work the frizz and naps and unwanted curls out of my hair. This was just about a every day routine unless I decided to wear a pig tail. That's alot a heat on ones hair, that's probably why it never grew pass my shoulders. U think. Now, I'm older and wiser and just plain tried of doing that routine. I welcome my nappy hair, I LOVE my nappy hair, that came with being me, a beautiful black woman with some Hispanic blood too. But I don't feel beautiful sadly enough. I guess this is the ugly stage I read about and I read it will pass. I just wish I could find some SL bloggers out there that may be going through the same phase as me right now . DOES ANY ONE HEAR ME!

9 comments:

Sierra said...

I think your hair looks beautiful, your curls are gorgeous. I understand you may not want it so curly but that is what is unique to you so treasure it. I used to hot curl and put rollers in mine to try and get my hair curly only for it to drop a few hours later. I've given up now, I can't keep fighting something that will never change. Wish we could swap!

I'm going to get sisterlocks in the new year so in the meantime I'm wearing my hair in tiny twists to get used to the idea. I really hope you enjoy your journey with sisterlocks and keep us posted.

Seriously though, your curly hair is lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love your curls. In the beginning I wore tight, tight curls. They used to last 2-3 weeks. Now that they have matured and become more dense, now my curls don't last. Yet I am enjoying "freestyling". Between hot flashes and Louisiana humidity, my hair is the least of my concerns. Gurl, embrace those curls!!!!

CarmenNC said...

I hear you. My hair is much longer than it appears, but it keeps curling up. I think it's beautiful. I tried rolling it but it didn't turn out quite right. My hair is resistant to anything I try so I stopped trying.

Unknown said...

Your curls are beautiful, they make your hair unique fit just for you. I see that you are in Indiana. Who installed your locks?

Unknown said...

I hear you. My sisterlocks are curly as well I'm in my 9th month and my nape and temple areas are still coming loose. My friend tease me all the time telling me my hair won't lock but they are just slowly. Just be patient and enjoy the idea of not worrying about styling your locks because they are already styled with your natural curls. Believe me some wish they have curls.

Unknown said...

At some point, when your hair gets longer, the weight of the hair itself will stretch out your curls. Enjoy your curls now; you'll be using all kinds of crazy tools later to put them back in!

Kwasmrs said...

Your curls look great actually! Many people have trouble because their hair won't curl in the initial stages. It all depends on what you really want, but I think they look great.

anthia-ofo said...

Beautiful curls. I had coils instead of curls. Tight coils and a great deal of shrinkage. Enjoy this stage, it'll pass soon.

Natasha Dyer said...

Beautiful locks! We do have similar textures, but yours looks like it's a bit looser curl pattern.

What you see on my blog is my natural hair texture, no styling added. Sometimes I like, most times I don't. As it grows, it often looks a bit awkward (to me) with straight "bodies" and curly "ends" (if that makes sense).

Nevertheless, I think you and I will be just fine. Locking is teaching me patience and acceptance of what is. After all, we've spent years of working against our natural textures and that's what led us to locks in the first place, right? Take it from me and the rest of the comments on your blog - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL - NATURALLY!!!

About Me

My photo
Noblesville, Indiana, United States